Thursday, February 26, 2009

Good Feedback :)

Sree called, "Shin, you free now? Can you please come over to IT coz I had something to discuss with you"...

"Sure! Am coming over now!"...

So, I walked over to Sree's cubicle and he asked me to go over to the lounge area and we had a short talk. It was indeed a great and motivated talk I had with him. He was giving me feedback on my job performance which I really glad to know -- the goods that I have to keep and work harder on and the bad that I need to improve on :)

He told me the bad one first... I need to work on more on my ability to say 'No' to those who is trying to bully me by pushing work to me. Haha... because normally when they asked me to do this and that, to handle this and to follow up on that, I will just give in and do everything. Not that I dont know it's not actually my scope of job but I felt I have to learn more than anyone else for me to carry myself better. So, Sree said that I need to learn to say 'No' to these lazy bullies... I asked him why suddenly are we having this conversation? He said actually he and Surin (my boss) were having meeting in EKL and Sree brought up the matter that my contract is going to end in September -- that's how this conversation started.. So, that's the bad thing they commented on me and here are the good one...

Surin commented that I am good in following up on issues -- fast and friendly -- but need to be more stern on some vendors --> kalau perlu marah, kenalah marah! Hahaha...

Generally supervisors and managers from all over Malaysia (the service centers and gateways) are glad to work with me... phewww.... I'm sure glad to know this... They commented that I am easy to work with and am friendly and helpful enough (hope I do) and the best part was they said that I always made them smile and laugh with my silly acts! Ouch :P

Sree commented that I am hardworking but he also warned me to not work to hard and have my own social life rather than just work. He said working in DHL you will lose most of your personal life that's why I must learn to balance it :)

Today, big boss, GSM told me that he is trying to move my name from the temp staff listing to the permenant staff listing and he's justifying on it -- I'm not sure whther it's tru or not but to tell you all the truth, I am glad to know all these and they are indeed great motivation for me to strive as I am now very hectic with my projects.

Lately, Kenneth had been volunteering to fetch me back home every night but just felt segan la. LRT is just convinient enough :)

OMG... am very tired now.... just manage to submit my OJB report to the regional office and configure the accounting application this evening... :P

Sleeping now... miss ya all

Love,
Shin :)

No comments: