Friday, February 13, 2009

Working on Valentine's Day!

Oh Shit! All apps will be down on Sunday and you were just going to inform us on this on Thursday? Do you think we are the savior of DHL???

People from the pure IT background sometimes just acted very stupid. When they look at something, they will just look from one angle. They can think from other perspective. So, if you cant think this way, please la let people with better brains know earlier so the problem can be managed well enough. OMG.... these IT people just wanted to show off on how good their IT knowledge is when.. hahah... they cant even differentiate the differences between a server down issue and an apps down issue. How can you 'samakan' the two poor thing? :S

Ok ok... cool down...

Basically this week I worked non-stop and with less rest -- not because that I couldnt finish my work, it's because I was given a lot of emergency workload to attend to. Suddenly Surin came to me and tell me that, I have to push aside all my apps projects and focus on the audit reports. Then Faeez came running over from IT to my desk when I was focusing on my report and asking me to do a RTP for CIP at 11am (when he ran over it was 10.45am) :S .... Then Salina keep bugging me with her LCB project which I langsung tak faham what it is about -- fine, I manage to understand the invoicing part in the end. Then Gab from the Subang Gateway pula sent an email to me why this bond statuses in ACA was said by Singapore as "Not a standard remark"?? When I check in the system, the stupid remark that suppose to be removed was still in the system. Fine. I called the ACA support and was fainted and nearly died of stroke when he told me that he havent remove the old bond reasons yet -- the whole MY thought they had did so since 19th Jan 09... Apalah orang orang ni... you guys are lucky to have a job and it's a permenant status, cant you guys work better? Please grow up and perform yourself!

Been nagging to myself too much this week but however I found this week to be extremely challenging with the unexpected workload coming in. I like it :P ... I found myself to be more quiet and serious when I was occupied with all this and it actually scared Surin -- he thought I was worried and panic. :P

Actually, when all this happened, it will never be a problem if we have a good communication method among each other -- whether it's in a team, in the same department or inter-departmental.. I do not want Salina to end up screaming at CY at the end of the day because of the stupid miscommunication about the network down thingy... Just communicate effectively and it will surely increase our productivity level -- better shipment processing and better monitoring on the issues...

Just got back home around 9.30pm. Tomorrow will be the annual dinner and I have to be there for rehearsal at 12pm. I will be on stage all the time helping out the award ceremony. I think I have to be in the office tomorrow morning la, around 9am perhaps... then the annual dinner will drag me till 1am... OMG... then the next morning I have to prepare for the breakfast function with the North and South Team. After that around 10am or 11am Salina will come fetch me from the Hotel to Subang Gateway for the application testing -- this was because of the downtime earlier... I will be working 6 days for this week.... since last monday was a Thaipusam replacement holiday :P

God bless me..... :)

Anway, tomorrow is Valentine's Day... was hoping to get something at least -- at the dinner of course! Ahaha... maybe a lucky draw or lucky dip prize?? If not I will be so dull coz it's all about work while other people are enjoying themselves :P...

My eyes are half closed d.... nite nite everyone

Love,
Shin :P

2 comments:

mohd yuszren yusak said...

Ahhh yess best kan real world..I told you so you guys never believe me...releks have a starbucks..

Shin said...

It's all about having an effective communication method among people at work... sad enough some the management was not good in this some how too :P