Monday, July 27, 2009

A Tribute -- Yasmin Ahmad

As you sit down and recall back those special ads you watch over the years during festive seasons, you hardly notice who was the creative mind behind all those stories -- the stories that touches each and every of our heart. This time around, we have lost another great life story teller, Yasmin Ahmad..


Tributes were everywhere -- over the radio, television, blogs and social networking sites.. As the DJ were reading out tributes from the public, I cant stop my tears from flowing when each and every of those words bring back such a great amount of memories that I once had and the feeling that I used to and still having whenever I watch all her movies and ads.. She's one of a kind..

Colors of skin and culture should never be the boundaries for us to live together, t share life together, to cry together and yet to grow old together... What if you are a Chinese, Malay or Indian -- does the difference in the races and skin colors make you any lesser than a normal human being?

I am blessed to have wonderful friends around me and guess what, all of them are from different races... I have Dilla -- my close friend who I can share my feelings and thoughts with. I have Ramesh, Ken Mee and Lee Ming -- who we grew up together with. I have Mr.Zul -- who has never give up on me and giving me all the support he could all the time. I have Surin -- my boss who will never forget to appreciate each and everything you do. I have Yen -- who has been there for me for the past years where I had a unsupportive relationship. I have Lydia -- who was there whenever I needed a company. I have Kwan -- who I can bully all the time and at the same time being bullied by him too :) I have Ricardo -- who always believe in me and have me in his memory.. and now I have Ken -- who always accept the way I am and love me for who I am...

I have a lot to write today but the smell of my Aunt's cooking just made me lost in my own 'food' fantasy world... stomach is growling...


Lirik Pergi - Aizat (OST Talentime)

Sayu terpisah
hikayat indah kini hanya tinggal sejarah
berhembus angin rindu
begitu nyamannya terhidu wangian kasihmu
hujan lebat mencurah kini
bagaikan tiada henti
kaulah laguku kau irama terindah
tak lagi kudengari
kau pergi.. pergi..
sepi tanpa kata
terdiam dan kaku tak daya kau kulupa
apa pun kata mereka
biarkan kenangan berbunga di ranting usia


Love all of you so much...
Shin :)

No comments: