Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lecturers... Inspiration and SiFu... :)

Just opened my blog after some short delay and... "Hi DHL Lady.." Hahahha, received a comment from Sir Yuz. Sir Yuz will drop by to KL next week and I am excited to meet up with him again since the last time I went back to Labuan, he wasnt around. Just called Dilla and told her baout this too, and she was even more excited than me! Hahaha...

Sir Yuz was our lecturer for 3 subjects -- Techno-preneurship, Internet Business Model and E-Marketing. He was out final project supervisor too -- Mai.com. I guess he's the only one lecturer in the school (Uni) that really awake us all from something... Let me discuss it in brief:
  • Sir Yuz -- He's the lecturer who opened our mind to business and $$$. What I learned from him was that studies are not all about books and exams, but it's all about how you stimulate your mind to grow especially in business and how to generate revenue! There are some risks needed to be taken in order to reach that higher level. We all need money and loves money, so sometimes when we do something, this is the best element to stimulate your creativity and motivation. Till now, we still have dream on Mai.com and guess what, I am still studying slowly, bit by bit on it in hope that one day it can be realized.
  • Sir Tam -- He's the lecturer who stresses on the important of management. I remember there was a time when our group presented on a business model related to IT business which he said it was too ideal. Though we were frustrated from the marks and comments, but it made me realized that the importance of identifying one true core strength you have in your business and make it as a specialization. No business is ideal but although we can only offer one best element in our business, we can still be the King!
  • Mr.Zul -- He's my marketing lecturer as well as my best lecturer buddy in campus. I enjoyed a lot when going through my marketing classes with him especially when we talk about customer service which I can still apply back into my job now! Customers are not only referring to those who pay $$$ for your service, instead customers are those that you deal with closely -- you are providing something that you needed. For example in my job, as a Project Exec under Ops Programs team, who will be my customers? The customers that called in and complaint of a shipment delivery? NO.... A customer who walk in with a parcel to ship? No... My customers would be all the guys on the floor (all the Operations guys -- the couriers, team leader, supervisors, service center manager, agents and sometimes other departments in the company as well) So, well you see, customer is defined in many ways by referring only to your job. As like for lecturers, their customers = students! Zul always stress on the importance of knowing you customers as well as the correct way you need to deal with each and everyone of them :)
Seriously, not much lecturers in the Uni that I had really enjoyed learning with and the above 3 are my top 3 ranking... hahaha... Guess now my most important lecturer is my own life -- facing everyday issues and problem solving situation in work as well as the daily humour and jokes you need to inject into the working environment is so damn important. I'm glad that I had been known as one of the happy star in the department as I constantly making them laugh without reasons! Hahah :P

I had my mind thinking on this the whole night yesterday -- if I were to stay put in DHL for a very long time, where would I set my foot to next? Would I just choose to stay at the place where I am now -- the Ops Program? Or will I choose to explore somewhere else like the facility -- service centre or gateways? Had a very interesting conversation with Raj in the LRT yesterday and I had a strong gut feeling telling me that I wanted to take up the challenge of managing a gateway if I had the chance to... Ouch! Too early to set a dream that is so high la!!
Heheheh

Love,
Shin :)

P/S: Sir, later inform us when and what time we can hang out k! :)

No comments: