Friday, January 2, 2009

'Talak' and 'Cina Buta'

Just got back from gym downstairs. Had a 40 minutes of cardio and another 20 minutes of striding. Total = 60 minutes, and I still felt energetic. Felt great that now I enjoy doing cardio more than ever, perhaps as preparations before I headed to Batu Caves or Taman Melawati for a rock climbing session. Hahaha... Am definitely doing what I had always wanted to do now. :)

Office was good today, nothing much happened and I was just concentrating on doing my audit report while chatting with Faeez and Dilla. Once a while, Uncle Stephen will drop by to say hello, and so do Vincent and Azrin. Report is a very dull work that why I walked around a lot today.

Oh ya, before I forgot, there something damn funny happened in office this evening. It all started by me. I asked Salina what is talak. So she was explaining to me what does it means as well as Cina Buta. So, apparently, for a muslim / malay, men of course, you can only divorce with the same woman for 3 times (means remarry the same woman for twice) and that's it. Dont understand? Ok ok... let me create a story..

Let say... Ahmad marry Aminah in 1997. Somewhere in 1998, they had a fight and Ahmad said to Aminah that he will divorce her -- this is the first 'talak'. Ok, so they divorced. After 6 months, Ahmad felt lonely (as if some guys does) and regret, he beg and reconciled with Aminah again, so they got married again (re-married 1st time) in 1999. In 2000, this stupid Ahmad slaped Aminah after an argument and he said he will divorce Aminah again! So they divorced for the 2nd time -- the second 'talak'. In 2001, he wanted Aminah back again so the reconciled again! (re-married the 2nd time). Haha, in 2004, Ahmad was bored with Aminah coz he been seduced by Suzana and he divorved Aminah for the 3rd time -- third 'talak'. So Aminah move on in her life and that stupid Ahmad was broke coz Suzana ran away will all his money. Ahmad felt regret and misses Aminah a lot, and he wanted to reconcile with Aminah again but cant -- because for then, he can only called 3 times of 'talak' and that it, OVER!

What Ahmad can do is, if Aminah do wish to reconcile back with this Ahmad (only if Aminah if blind, stupid or deaf -- if not what the hell she wanted this stupid guy for right? :P), Aminah has to marry with another man for temporary -- this is what they called it Cina Buta -- and then after thta period of time, Aminah have to divorce with that man, lets call him Abu, then she can reconcile and get married to Ahmad again.

Ok, so that was the whole explaination about the 'talak' and 'Cina Buta' terms. The jokes was, Raj stepped out from his cubicle and asked me in front of everyone -- what is the difference of 'nikah' and 'kahwin'? I thought it was the same as I turn to Hadi, he also answered that it's the same. So this was a dirty joke by them -- nikah is legal marriage while kahwin is illegal. Then Raj added, nikah is marriage spiritually while kahwin is marriage physically! Darn this Raj with his joke.

Then very spontaneously I jumped up and said "OH!!! No wonder they said kahwin lari la, and not nikah lari!"... as soon as I finished this, Raj drop to the floor and start laughing and everyone in the department was laughing like hell! Hahaha, I myself too couldnt stop myself :P

It was indeed one of a good department to work in and I do really hope I'll be a permenant staff soon. Not entirely of those fun I have with the people there, but it's because I love doing what I am doing now -- managing projects and making people laugh! Hahaha..

Ok, I smell bad not because of the sweat after gym. I better go take a shower now. C ya all around! Happy New Year!

Love,
Shin :)

No comments: