Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Be prepared...

I went down to the swimming pool a while ago. I don't know how to swim but I just love the water. I jumped into the pool, walk around it (of course by holding the the side of the pool) and started to practice my breathing by submerging into the water. Cool! I manage to do it so effortlessly now. Yay! But still, I wonder when can I be able to swim like the others... Envy them though.. :)

R said something to me a week ago and it still lingers around my mind.. till today I brought it up again during our conversation (chatting) in the evening. I had asked him, "What do you mean by being prepared?" As usual, he would start thinking the best words to be used to explain to me so that I would understand clearly. I admit that when the first time he said that to me, I had accepted it wholly without thinking over about what he actually said. When it started to keep pooping up in my head that I started to think...

Honestly, I do not like failure (no one likes or wants it) especially when it comes to something that is important to me. Example? Career of course, and especially Relationship.
When R said that we will be prepared once we venture into a new chapter -- I would start thinking, can we actually be prepared for it?

Perhaps, yes... For me, be prepared in a relationship would means that we have to realize all the differences between us -- personality, interest, religion, race, or even nationality. Very often, these factors had caused a lot of couple to break up, and yes, I had been through it that is why i said so. Things might seems nice and achievable at the beginning, but when you are already in the middle of the journey, our faith, trust and courage will be put to the test. Be prepared too for me would means that we have to realize all the possibility of obstacles that we might be facing in the future when we are walking down the road together... ... ...

Suddenly, something hits me on my thoughts. Friends around me always said this to me (regarding my view on romance -- of course after the first and last relationship failure) --- "You will never know what is right for you till you give it a try"... Perhaps they are right, why am I so worried? If he's a nice man and will treat me nicer, love and appreciate me better, why not give a chance for him to love me and as well give myself a chance to show him my love and care?

"Giving is always better than taking.."

Ouch, I guess I had finally understand what's going on now.

"You cant always measure the present with the past. The past is bad and had rotten, throw it away. The present is still fresh and why not try to preserve it?"

I felt much relieved now...

Love,
Shin :)

No comments: