Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Privileges -- Good or Bad?

Saw a post in my lecturer, Sir Yuz's blog... so far, this is the only one that capture my attention to start writing something about it.

"Entrepreneurship 101"

Below are only my point of view - no special remark on whoever coz I have amazing people around me who had make a miracle out of this unnecessary 'privileges' the government had given and I am very proud of them!

Since I was small, I didn't know why there are so many unfairness between people in this country. When I was back in primary and high school, I would always ask myself, why must there exist a quota for everything that we are going to do -- to get a place in a school, to get a place in the top class, to get a place in a university and last but not least, to get a placement in a government company (or should I say - working with the government)... I used to ask myself, are we truly a citizen of this country? If yes, why are we been treated so unfairly?

Privileges are given to the race which they said to be the land owner of this country. But, does it really helps them? From Sir Yuz prespective, I assumed that he would be looking only on one small sector of the issue. Whereby what I am trying to say here would be involving a relatively larger sector of our life. It might be a terrible sensetive issue to talk about here.

Honestly, if you ask me -- by withdrawing the above mentioned privileges, will they still be able to survive? --> My answer would be -- it depends!

Only those who have a strong determination and have a strong will to survive will survive. Only those who are brave will survive. Only those who are not afraid to try and fail will survive. I believe they can be at the top of the world if they wanted to -- without any help from anyone.

What difference between us all? None!

Privileges are meant only for the uncertain. Privileges doesn't makes us prouder instead it made you sink and never rise to the level that those without the so called privileges are now.

Privileges only make sense to me when you really created a wow! thing out of it. If you just gonna do something plain and safe with something that had been provided to you, I guess it would be better for you to just shut-up and dont make a big fuss about that 'special' privileges given to you.

I would really love to see that our country would come to a day when this so called privileges is no longer exist and our citizens are completely ready to compete healthily for a better nation. Privileges will only be a hindrance for us to forget about the joy of competing as well as the sweet taste of success!

Entrepreneurs should be the brave one.. they are the mastermind behind all those giant corporation we see today! Do they started their journey with this privileges? NO, they were given nothing to start off with, just a pair of hands and legs with a brilliant mind and motivation!

"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." -- Winston Churchill

Be brave,
Shin

No comments: