Friday, December 19, 2008

Weird morning --> Tired evening!

I came across this news about Government allocating fund to help unemployed undergraduates..

"RM70mil to retrain jobless grads"


This was the title of the news in TheStar Online. It got my attention and my brain started to function to the max! Hahaha..

Come to think of it, I'm an undergraduate too but I am lucky enough that I wasnt unemployed. I am happily working in a company which I enjoy very much, DHL Express. My boss, Surin always asked me, "So, any new jobs outside?" or "Eh, are you spying on any other jobs ka?"... Haha, these are the questions he would always asked me when he's too bored..

That day, he asked me about how my other friends are doing now after graduation -- working or not? Some of them are definately working and some of them are obviously having fun staying back at home (just that sometimes I couldnt understand what are they thinking).. Let me see...

  • Shin -- DHL Express
  • Dilla -- Rissk.com
  • Lydia -- Maybank
  • Yen -- CIMB
  • Zer Soon -- working but couldnt recall where
  • Xin Ling -- working
  • Sim -- working
  • Fiqah -- working
  • Foo -- not working yet
  • Mimi -- planning to further study
  • Mary -- not sure
  • Sarah -- not working
  • Syida -- working
  • Kam -- Internship
  • Anas -- not sure working or Internship
  • Mal -- Internship
  • Hasrul -- working
  • Hanapi -- working
  • Rozy -- working
  • Li Cui -- working
The others? I had no idea... We seldom keep in touch, only Dilla. She's like a close friend to me so we would hang out whenever we can. Lydia, we used to be, but now, we just seems so far away from each other. Maybe I might hang out with Mal somewhere in Jan 09 :P

This morning started in a weird way. I was walking from the LRT station to my office where suddenly this fellar seems like he's trying to catch up my pace. I do admit that I walk kinda fast but was is that fast? Ok, to cut it short, he interrupted me when I was in the middle of my iPod mood and introduced himself. He said that he's from Accenture and asked for my email. So, what the heck, I gave him my DHL email add of course. I do not want him to bug me in my private life so DHL email would do. After few hours, te first email from this guy came in. I still couldnt recall his name. I dont even bother to reply too coz in my head, I still think it's weird! Hahaha.. Then I told Faeez and Vincent about this over Skype and as expected -- Faeez will laugh like hell. This fellar really makes me pening and I wonder how he take care of his little kid at home! Hahaha... maybe because of his cartoonic characteristic that got the little boy entertained! Hopefully he wont grow up like his cartoonic dad! Hahaha... opppsss, sorry Faeez..

Ok, so today I went over to IT to investigate on some faulty couriers scanners issue and about Maxis GPRS and GSM network connection problem (The engineer from Maxis was cute -- Shakir :P). Fine fine... So, the first person I saw is C and Faeez assumed that I wont even look at C nor great him. "Apalah, so what if C is there in your department? Be professional la.. Aku ni terima gaji to be professional, kalau tak reputation spoiled!" I answered Faeez.. Hahaha... so, he was satisfied with my answer because I greeted C as usual and talk like usual, pretend nothing happened. Business is just business. Dont take it too personally :P

An hour before work finish, OMG... 2 reweigh machines in EKL (Jln Ipoh) and EPJ (Glenmarie) was down (means = rosak!).. the consequences = reweigh manually! "No choice guys, you have to deal with it for tonight and throughout the weekend coz the vendor will only be in on Monday to fix it! If I were the genius and knew how to fix it, maybe you guys could start your manisfesting sharp on time... but too bad, I dont know how to fix it :P" as I said to Yogan (EPJ supervisor) and he just sounded so down. So, we have a lousy vendor appointed by RO -- we couldnt do anything at the moment. Luckily, the vendor Andrew was kinda close to me coz I always deal with him through the phone (though we just met once in Menara TM). It's easy to talk to him. Perhaps, my soft skills are not bad eh :P I can easily communicate with people and I felt blessed! Haha

Time for dinner and novel... Take care ya all!

Love,
Shin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah.. im crazy ha..oowh..keluar dgn i bole cover "gila" la...hahah... btw.. there some info from our uni's friends

asrul - internship, not working
mimi - study , uitm shah alam
fara + rozy - training at cosmopoint, if i'm not mistaken
akmal - same place with asrul n doing his internship.
sarah - not working but married d .. :P
shin - crazy staff from DHL ..hahahha...