Sunday, December 14, 2008

My new Prince -- Robert Pattinson a.k.a Edward Cullen --> Review!

Ladies and gentlemen, here are some good review on my new found Prince -- the Mr. Vampire, Edward Cullen


Yamuna Sharmini Manikam, Perak

MY first vampire was Lestat. I was 12 and screaming when I heard Tom Cruise AND Brad Pitt AND Christian Slater were going to be in the same movie. Of course, Interview with the Vampire was subsequently banned in Malaysia, so I had to wait five years (FIVE!) until I finally saw the movie on DVD. The beauty of Louis and Lestat unfolded on the screen and I was forever hooked onto vampirism … or more specifically, on cute guys who play vampires.

During my teenage years, I never missed a single episode of Angel. It was not because Angel was such a sexy, hunk of a vampire, but because the show itself was so witty.

My favourite character was not even the resident vampire, it was the demon hunter Wesley (got a thing for nerds too, but that’s a different story!). I also pursued my vampires in written words. Anne Rice became a staple in my library as did Bram Stoker. I think of myself as a (ahem!) serious reader; I would never read the hormonally-charged young adult books. All that changed around Christmas last year when I came across a book at my local bookstore.

Vampire. Gorgeous. Teenage. Love.

The book was called Twilight and the rest was history.

So my favourite vampires are Angel and Edward Cullen.

Angel has the wittiest lines in the show and, yeah, he looks absolutely yummy in his black leather trench coat. He was the classic bad boy, evil to the T, until he was cursed and had his soul restored to him. He is kind of like a working-class vampire, in the sense that he has to work hard to attain happiness.

As a healthy, hormone-driven 21st century female, I have to admit that Edward is not exactly my favourite vampire in Twilight (I prefer Jasper Hale, actually).

But the casting of Robert Pattinson, made Edward one of my favourites.

If Angel is the working-class vampire then Edward is definitely the prince of all literary vampires. Think of a supernatural version of Prince William, whom every girl wants to be with.

I think it should be obvious that I actually prefer Edward to Angel, but that is just because Robert Pattinson is so beautiful (the only word I can think of that does any justice to the guy!). Vampires are the supernatural bad boys every girl dreams of being with and eventually domesticating … though how much fun would it be after you have taken the edge off them?! So, let me have my vampires with all their flaws and bite intact, thank you very much.


Bite me, Ed

MY friends think I’m obsessed; my family thinks I’m out of my mind. Why? Because my thoughts have been revolving around the one and only Edward Cullen. If I were to meet Edward, I would willingly enter vampirehood in a heartbeat. So what if he is dead?

Edward Cullen is the hottest man(pire) in town. No other vampire can beat that. (In this century or the next!) What is it about Edward that makes my blood race? He is awesomely good looking; is a “vegetarian”; has good taste in music; owns pretty amazing cars. And he can read minds. Aish … definitely a man of every female dream. Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise? NO WAY!!! They are so last century!

begumbest, Taiping, Perak


So, please wait for the sequel 'New Moon'... Cant wait to see Robert plays Edward on screen again! :P

No comments: