Monday, December 8, 2008

Forgive and Forget = Easy and Hard :)

Thought as the time passes by, everything will heal. Guess this is indeed true. I do not have the hard feelings on who's right or wrong anymore -- guess the forgive part had succeeded... but it's just so hard to forget..

Forgetting here is not about leaving all memories behind, it's more like leaving all the heartaches and bad experiences you had behind. I just realized that I am still at the state of trying to forget -- the hard way! Why I said so is because that I realized the fear develope within me towards certain aspects of life is due to the failure in the relationship. This fear and worries were very much affected on how hard am I going to try to let go and look around me.

Past experiences from my own parents' relationship too had changed my view on it that's why I truly believed in understanding, compromising and the value of giving and taking between two person in a relationship -- I was doing that till it failed. When it failed, it sort of like telling me that, no matter how hard you try, in the end, if the efforts are acknowledge in a way that makes you happy and makes your partner felt blessed, I guess then it would fail in the end..

Had tried to do what I saw lacking in my parents' relationship during my 2 and a half year romance with him, but still the results were bad. Guess he wasnt the person who would understand the way I wish it would be a one off relationship which I watched in the movie "Enchanted" -- Happily Ever After! :P

Sometimes, us girls are too into fairy tales but I had been always the logical one -- one who could differentiate between reality and fantasy. Happily Ever After for me takes a lot of effort from both. Understanding between two person needs time to be develop through effective and correct way of communication. Having fun all the time means making each other comfortable with each other is another ingredients in a successful romance. Give and take is another main point where both will learn how to compromise our needs sometimes to fulfill his / her partner's needs - no 2 individuals are having the same interests and needs all the time coz we are different, everyone is unique! I guess these are the fundamentals in achieving the fairy tale ending. :)

It's never easy...

Everyone is talking about Twilight (the movie) and I guess I'll have to pay the cinema a visit this weekend :P

May we all forgive and forget in a way that soothes our heart :)

Love,
Shin

p/s: Thanks Foo for listening to me about all this :)

No comments: