Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Smile = Something I'm good at? MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!

Today, a conversation with a friend reminded me of how much I had changed.. not to worse fortunately, it's to a better me.. It reminded me of how much I enjoy SMILING nowadays compare to few years ago...

I never like taking photographs when I was around Form 1 (13 years of age) till I reached 18 years old. I will always hide nor give excuses of not to be included into the photo session wen one come nearby. Reason? I considered myself want as pretty and attractive as my other girl friends. Back at time, I will always think that I would look ugly or horrible in the photo so I prefer not to be in it. Maybe it's because I always look like a boy -- with my super short haircut and boyish outlook (no! I'm not a tomboy.. I just felt more comfortable of being in that way that time). So, I just drift away without much photos of my teenage life with friends... :(

Then when I reached 18, it was during my Form 6 years that I truly enjoy taking pictures. Every of the pictures that you can see then was a big smile from me. I enjoyed taking photos then especially with some of my buddies and we just act silly in most of the photos which made us laugh so much till now. Then it comes to one day that my mom's friend commented on my smile and I can still remember what she said...

"Oh, is this your youngest daughter? She had grown up so much and definitely prettier now (I didn't tokok tambah ah, this is definitely what she commented :P). Your daughter smile is beautiful too, she had a pretty and bright smile" Then she smile to me... I remember this because it was the first direct and happy comment I had after so many years of me growing up with all these old folks. There's another friend of my mom, who's a hawker during Pasar Malam too gave the similar comments... Then when I look back and think about it, it's actually something I should be proud of, my SMILE :)

I used to remember how much my ex love to see me smile. I guess it was my smile that had attracted to him at the first place. Guess it's no longer important. :)

Today, this friend had reminded me to keep smiling no matter what happened and it actually gave a knock on the head that, I had forgotten what I am good at naturally -- smiling :) Sometimes, I smiled too much that it made me tired and my face just become static.. hahaha... There were few times that my face cramp because of smling too much during photo sessions... hahaha..

Ok ok, enough with smiling... today was a very bright sunny day too! At 6.00pm the sun was still shining bright and hot as it was in the afternoon. This reminds me of the song "My Girl" -- 'You're my sunshine, on a sunny day.." :P

I received a surprise today from Vincent. Early in the morning, he came over to my desk (he was expecting me not to be in office yet) and handed over a paper Isetan bag to me, of course the screw drivers that I had requested to fix the courier scanners too. I said thanks to him and he left. When I open the bag, there was this cute little golden teddy bear tied to this box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates :) It a Christmas present from him... This is the 3rd Christmas present I received from people around me...
  1. A pretty card holder from Jessica, my ex-HR senior :)
  2. A pretty silver bracelet from Ric and of course a card :)
  3. A cute little bear and chocolates from Vincent, my IT friend :)
Guess I am blessed for this christmas. For the past few years, I never received any Christmas gift from anyone, only cards from Lydia, and no one else... I myself would have sent out dozens of cards for the festive seasons only to be forgotten in the end, even those that was just by my side at that moment :P.. hahaha... past is past.. let it be...

Going back to Raub tomorrow after work -- DHL is having a half day work day during festive season's eve and since it's Christmas eve, we can go home earlier :) My team will be having a lunch outing tomorrow, not sure where we'll be going but come to think of it, most probably would be to Banana Leaf coz Vachala is a vegetarian. I'm fine with Banana Leaf coz Indian food is just my favorite! :P Spicy and hot! Wow... I'm hungry already :P

Ric asked me what will I be doing during this holiday (I took leave on the 26th too :P), so below is the list..
  1. Paint the house gate into Apple Green color -- hope Mom will agree with me
  2. Renew my ID card and Mom's birth certificate -- gotta look pretty in the photo shot! Haha
  3. Go jogging every evening -- have to keep myself fit!
  4. Plant some vegetables for CNY -- maybe some onions and salads and tomato and lady's fingers and spinach and.... too much for that little piece of land :P
  5. Bath my dogs -- Popeye and his mom, MoiMoi :P
  6. Wash MoiMoi's cage -- ewww!!!
  7. Play with Baby, my cat :)
  8. And last but not least, the most important one of all --> take Mom out for a Western food dinner --- nyum nyum... :)
Ok, that's all I guess. Anyway, my brother in law, Andy's parents are here and I just love to have them around coz they will chit chat with me! :P

Alright, my fingers are tired already and I'll stop here now. Take care ya all!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!!!!

May Santa Clause visit you soon (in your dreams of course!) Hahahaha...

Naughty but with love,
Shin :P

No comments: